STOP FRAME ANIMATION WORKSHOP

|
Stop motion (also known as stop action) is an animation technique to make a physically manipulated object appear to move on its own. The object is moved in small increments between individually photographed frames, creating the illusion of movement when the series of frames is played as a continuous sequence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-frame_animation

I went to the stop frame animation workshop held by Ed. I found this to be really useful as even though I have said that I will use after effects for my animation some parts may still be created using a form of stop motion. We worked in groups to create short animations using paper cut outs. The only equipment needed was a camera, a tripod and photoshop. After taking the photos we uploaded them onto the computer utilizing photoshops animation interface to manipulate the frames, using photoshop also allows you to change the amount of frames per second, slowing or speeding up your animation. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the animation to post on here.

During the workshop we were shown other examples of stop motion here are some of my favorites:




TheRapture "House Of Jealous Lovers." from phil tidy on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment