RESEARCH INTO ANIMATION TECHNIQUES

|
To help me decide what program to do my animation in I have researched into different animation techiniques, Stop-motion, Rotoscoping, Digital animation. Here are a few I have looked at :


The Seed from Johnny Kelly on Vimeo.

The first I have looked at is a stop motion, this is created by making many frames either by taking photos or drawing the frames until you have enough to make a movement. This particular animation is made up of moving objects and some parts that are drawn. I like the way that this technique allows you to animate anything, any object and any drawing.



FLAIRS - BETTER THAN PRINCE from 3rd Side Records on Vimeo.

This is a animation has been made by rotoscoping which is made by using video footage, splitting that down into frames and then drawing over the top to create a, stop frame style animation. This is a great technique to be able to capture something accurately or to place an object in the right place within a situation.



TELEPHONEME | MK12 from MK12 on Vimeo.

This animation is created digitally giving it quite a crisp look about it, this animation is also mixed with real footage. Using digital technology would probably suit me better because I could use bits of the other animation techniques and incorporate them in.

Having looked at these areas of animation has really got me excited about this project, the possibilities are endless. You can create something that looks professional with any of the above techniques.

With all the choices that need to be made with animation, I have decided that I would prefer to have a fixed brief and state what the final piece will be and its context. I work better like this as I cant drift off the point. Working to a context and target audience will give me something to aim to and hopefully keep me on track.

0 comments:

Post a Comment